A two week notice letter is a type of letter written in order to inform your employer your intentions of quitting the job. Before you get relieved of your duties, it should offer a two-week period. You don’t need to worry about how to come up with an appropriate two week notice letter. There are a lot of two week notice letter templates that make your work easy and exemplary. Moreover, with the help of template, you can create the best formal resignation letter.
Before coming up with a two week notice letter, you have to consider the following main issues that are involved in the resignation process;
- The purpose of the letter
- Provide the reason/s that why you express your regrets.
- The suitable two week notice period for your company. You should confirm your company policy, terms, and conditions about this.
- The handing over process and the transferring of your duties.
- Other resignation tips.
What to include in a two week notice letter?
- At first, you should mention that you have decided that you have to leave or resign. You must ensure that you soften your statement as much as possible. Also, keep your emotions in check.
- In your letter, state the formal notice period as your company says about this time frame.
- You should also include some positive words about the valuable experience you have received from the working time within the company.
- State that you want to transfer your job responsibilities in an appropriate manner.
- You need to provide gratitude to your employer.
How to write a two week notice letter?
Here are some tips for you on writing an effective two week notice letter;
- You should write clear and concise statements. In the introductory lines of your letter, you have to clearly state that you are resigning from your position by the end of a two week period. Your statements should be affirmative. Don’t provide any sign that you want to return to your position.
- Before you quit your job, you need to give this letter to your employer at least a two-week period. You should be professionally courteous to do this.
Mostly, people avoid stating the reasons why they are quitting. It is usually happened in those scenarios that are volatile in nature. If your employer asks you to provide reason of your leaving then highlight some of them. In such case, you have to prepare yourself to answer your colleagues or supervisors.
- During writing your letter, be formal and friendly. By maintaining professional tone, include some warm words or phrases. Never express cold attitude towards the company. However, if you have a more personal relationship with your employer then you can adopt a more friendly tone.
- This is the last document between you and the company so make sure that a good impression about you is left in the company. The reason behind your leaving doesn’t matter; this should apply to all scenarios. Also, don’t talk about your two week notice letter with anyone in the company.
- You need to thank your employer as they have provided you with a platform that has helped to build you professionally.
- It’s better to state that you are willing to finish any major projects. State that you are available in any major project that requires your presence or assistance. Surely, your resignation will have an effect on the flow of work so you must offer your post-resignation support.
- In the closing, write a complimentary note. This is the best way to end your two week notice letter.
In conclusion, a two week notice letter is a formal document that informs your employer about your intentions of quitting the job. Provide this letter to your employer at least a two-week period before you quit. Use professional and formal tone in your letter.