The panel schedule template is the document used by the electrical engineers to organize the information associated with the electrical panel box. They used it to monitor the distribution of the electricity in a building. You can also download the free panel schedule template from any website to record to record the information on the electrical panel.
Furthermore, this document is used to distribute the electricity between multiple circuits through a circuit breaker. The electric panel is also known as the power panel because it gets the main power and distributes it to an individual circuit breaker. All the electrical breaker switches are located at the power panel. They control the power of different parts of the building or house. There are different formats of panel schedule templates that make your work easier.
Typically, it contains information like panel name, panel location, circuit number, and other relevant information. A single panel schedule provides you more loss than 3 phase electrical power in case of any electrical issue.
Purpose of the panel schedule:
In order to measure the delivery of electricity at different parts of any building, you should record the necessary information relevant to power supply during the installation of the electrical panel. Some other purposes are as follow;
- It allows you to distribute the electricity to individual circuit breakers safely and reliably.
- For protecting electrical system from any electrical overload issues.
- In different stages, it assists you in tracking the power supply and estimating the load.
- In commercial and industrial areas, you can provide accurate volts of electricity where they require.
- During the working hours, if consumption is high, it assists to manage the distribution of the electricity.
- To make better decisions related to electricity loads in the future.
- Panel schedule is helpful to lessen the risk of electrical failure.
Basic components of panel schedule template:
You should include the following basic components in your panel schedule;
- Panel location
- Panel name
- Total voltage
- Short circuit current
- Number of wires along with their names and types
- Number of circuit breaker
- Voltage type
- Phase type
- Individual load on each circuit breaker
- Other details
In conclusion, a panel schedule template is a useful tool that helps you to record all the necessary information about the power panel. It also allows you to measure every circuit load with location and other relevant information. You should include all the relevant information to make an effective panel schedule.